Celebrate Green and make a recycled 4th of July candle holder
Lynn made this candle holder from recycled Christmas tree light bulbs and bulb-shaped ornaments.
- Red, white and/or blue Christmas light bulbs (the number will depend on the size you choose to make your candle holder)
- Piece of cardboard or large round coaster
- Votive candle holder
- Beeswax or soy votive candle (you could also choose to treat the candle holder like a small vase and fill with small flowers)
- Cut circle from cardboard. The size is up to you. Play with it based on the number of bulbs you have. Or use the coaster for the base.
- Glue the first row of bulbs around the circle with sides touching.
- Glue the second row of bulbs on top of the first.
- If you make a larger circle, you might even add a third row of bulbs.
- Place votive candle holder in the middle.
- Add candle or flowers.
Lynn Colwell and Corey Colwell-Lipson are mother and daughter and authors of Celebrate Green! Creating Eco-Savvy Holidays, Celebrations and Traditions for the Whole Family, and founders of Green Halloween®.